TN Real Estate License Information
Earn your Tennessee real estate license from Success Real Estate School. Our real estate classes help you start your career in by preparing you to take the Tennessee real estate license exam. We can also help licensed real estate agents further develop their skills and prepare for the Broker examination. Below is information about requirements for each exam as well as information on how to register for the exams.
REAL ESTATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS IN TENNESSEE
- At least 18 years old.
- Resident of Tennessee for at least 45 days prior to obtaining the license.
- High school graduate or hold a GED.
- Complete 60-Hour Basic Principles of Real Estate Course before sitting for exam.
- Pass state exam by scoring at least a 70%.
- Complete 30-Hour New Affiliates Course before applying for licensure.
- Within 6 months of passing the state exam, pay $100, have sponsoring broker sign license application, send proof of E&O Insurance.
- For most current information visit the Tennessee Real Estate Commission's web site.
TENNESSEE REAL ESTATE BROKER LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a active license that meets one of the following criteria:
- 24 months actively licensed, if licensed as an affiliate broker on or before May 12, 1988.
- 36 months actively licensed, if licensed as an affiliate broker after May 12, 1988.
- 24 months actively licensed, if the candidate has a baccalaureate degree with a major in real estate.
- 120 hours of continuing education credits. (30 of the 120 CE hours must be a real estate Broker license class taken at a school approved by TREC.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Complete 16 hours of state approved courses every 2 years. These courses must include 6 hours in the mandatory "Core" course. The other 10 hours are elective courses.